Schneider Electric Network Systems Administrator (ASCO) in Morristown, New Jersey
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Network Systems Administrator based out of Florham Park, NJ.
The Network Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting the ASCO network (LAN and WAN), telecommunication systems (VoIP and PBX), audio visual equipment, and security systems. The person in this role must provide support for IT infrastructure projects, ensuring on time delivery of projects within established budget parameters, as well as provide clearly written documentation to support any changes or new implementations. In addition, the Network Administrator is responsible for support of several Server based applications.
* Setup and maintain backup of programs and data files on network servers in accordance with the ASCO Power systems and Data Backup procedures.
* Support the projects and operation of the world-wide Active Directory / Exchange / Office 365 environment including migration, upgrades, patches, enhancements, data backups and systems monitoring throughout the organization.
* Maintain and upgrade as necessary the operating system and hardware for all network servers along with firewall and other protective systems throughout all locations of ASCO Power.
* Support phone systems, including VoIP and traditional PBX platforms.
* Assist with projects associated with network infrastructure hardware and software.
* Communicate with the local IT Service provides vendors to ensure proper redundancy and service delivery.
* Responsible for technical support of the security systems.
* Coordination of IS/IT work related to facility projects. This includes all network cabling, network equipment, Wireless LAN, network closets (IDF and MDF), digital signage, and conference room technology.
* Participate in a disaster recovery tests of the network systems and applications.
* Support engineering data base and applications. Assist with upgrades.
* Manage all problems within a ticketing system for proper approvals and tracking of work.
* Comply with all networking SOP and change management procedures.
* Ability quickly adopt to a new technology, standards and security protocols
* High level of knowledge in Backup best practices and software solutions
* Experience managing IT technical projects in a large business environment
* Excellent organizational skills with Excel and data manipulation for reporting purposes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* 2-3 Years' experience working with Network Infrastructure and CISCO VoIP systems
* Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
* Certifications as a Microsoft Professional /Engineer and / or Cisco Network Associate are desirable
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong communication skills with all levels of employees and management
* Sound judgment and decision-making skills
* Network Technologies: LAN, LAN Management, WAN, Windows Server OS
* Network Management: Network Administration, Cabling, Configuration, Implementation
* Connectivity: Testing, Diagnostics and Monitoring, Equipment Installation and Configuration
* Systems Administration: Systems Hardware Configuration; Troubleshooting Performance & Production Support; Storage Management; Remote Access Services; VMWare\vSphere
* Cisco Hardware: Experience installing and supporting routers and switches
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.