Schneider Electric ASCO 2019 Summer Internship - NJ in Morristown, New Jersey
ASCO 2019 Summer Internship Program
At ASCO, a division of Schneider Electric, we view internships as a chance for students to complement their classroom training with real-world experience. No busywork; we provide challenging, hands-on, relevant assignments that are based on your course of study and previous experience. That's why when you accept an ASCO internship you can expect to work on meaningful assignments that have the potential to make a difference within our organization.
We are seeking intellectually curious, determined Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Engineers to join our team as 2019 Summer Interns. As an industry leader in Critical Power, our summer internship positions provide opportunities to gain valuable experience while applying their academic training. Interns are assigned a mentor who will direct their internship experience.
Project assignments will be commensurate with the student's academic background to take advantage of their technical expertise and provide real life application of their classroom knowledge. At the same time, opportunities will be provided for students to expand their knowledge outside the boundaries of their classroom experiences.
Internship Program Goal:
Provide college students with the resources necessary to challenge convention by thinking innovatively, performing effectively, and executing perfectly.
Scope of Internship:
Throughout the internship students will complete projects related to the design, testing, evaluation, and improvement of various products, programs, components, tools and equipment under the technical guidance of senior level engineers. All project work will include hands-on engineering and will be monitored by the best engineers in the industry.
In addition, interns will also:
* Attend training sessions on topics such as research and development, sustainability, sales, marketing, and project management
* Participate in team building activities with peers
* Attend "Lunch & Learns" aimed to enhance vital networking skills
* Interact and receive feedback from the Company's top executives
* Develop and deliver a formal presentation on their summer project assignment
Our internship program focuses on a competency building approach.
Successful interns will improve on the following competencies throughout the internship program:
* Analytical Skills: Able to apply engineering concepts, mathematical computations, computer software applications, written documentation skills to engineering projects.
* Decision Quality - Make decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
* Presentation Skills - Able to research, compile, and deliver a technical and creative presentation to peers and management; demonstrate oratory skills as well as technical facts throughout presentation
* Self-Knowledge - Recognize personal strengths and weaknesses; gain insight from mistakes
* Planning - Scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against results
* We are looking for students pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering
* Ability to commit to a minimum 13-week, full time, summer internship program
* Legally authorized to work in the United States, will not now or in the future require sponsorship by the employer
* Junior or Senior year students are encouraged to apply
* Completed or currently enrolled in Power classes, or related discipline
* Leadership, club and/or organizational involvement
* An active interest, fresh ideas and a desire to learn about the Power Industry
* Ability to demonstrate and excel in the above listed competencies
* Capable of working independently on assignments, willing to accept mentor coaching
* Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment
* Previous professional or internship experience related to this position
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
L et us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.