UNFI Quality Assurance Auditor in Montgomery, New York
POSITION PURPOSE :
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES :
* Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
* Assures orders are being audited according to the QA Audit schedule
* Communicates with the shipping office to coordinate next customers and orders to audit.
* Retrieves orders, break down and check for mispicks, and verify count for overage or shortage.
* Investigates mispicks for cause. (slot picked, wrong aisle, mis-slotted product.)
* Corrects discrepancies at the completion of the audit, completes QA Audit worksheets for each customer, and documents any discrepancies.
* Rebuilds pallets using "best methods," and returns to staging area.
* Keeps area clean and debris out of work area; maintains a safe work environment..
* Performs other tasks as needed by Lead Auditor or Supervisor.
* Operates pallet jack in safe and efficient manner.
* Informs foreman or supervisor of any large quantity errors or mis-slots.
* Reports any violation of company policy to supervisor or lead.
* Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS :
* Quality functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.
* Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Understanding of Safety guidelines
* Strong knowledge of applicable Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) functions.
* Knowledge of pick slots, back stock locations, and product in the warehouse.
* Selector experience preferred.
* Detail oriented, good organizational skills.
* Capable of maintaining written records and completing required forms in timely manner.
* Ability to build solid and accurate pallets.
* Knowledge of Warehouse Management System (WHS).
* System implementation experience is preferred
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
* Ability to operate powered equipment.
* Astute and detail oriented.
* Good mathematical skills.
* Understands pr ocedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
Montgomery, New York, United States