Amcor Rigid Plastics Machine Operator-Process Technician in Millville, New Jersey
Machine Operator-Process Technician
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Validates the process of injection molding, blow molding, and /or lining operations.
- Develops written procedures and process books to ensure goods are produced to specifications.
- Troubleshoots and corrects advanced machine malfunctions and quality issues.
- Install /remove injection molding tooling as directed by Supervisor
- Performs light machine and mold maintenance in his /her respected area
- Performs line clearance duties during job change.
- Trains operators on proper machine operations.
- In absence of supervisor may be required to fill in as acting supervisor
- In absence of operator may be required to cover the position
- Manages materials and auxiliary equipment essential for area of responsibility
- Works, develops, and implements continuous improvement methodology.
- Effectively communicates with all internal departments and external customers.
- Ensures work areas are clean and general housekeeping duties are being performed
- Responsible for following Good Manufacturing Practices and any other applicable Prerequisite Programs associated with the Food Safety System
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- 2+ years Process Technician related experience and/or training
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent follow up skills.
- Ability to read and understand SOP and job packets
- Plant Personnel
- Internal and external customers
- Normal/Corrected Vision
- Reach with Hands and Arms
- Hand/Finger Dexterity
- Lifting (up to 30 pounds)
- Carrying (up to 30 pounds)
- Manufacturing Environment
- Office Environment
- Safety glasses and bump caps and slip resistant shoes are required to be worn
- The noise level is loud hearing protection is required to be worn.
- Variety of PET Manufacturing Machines
- Forklift - Certified
- Pallet Jack
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.