Intermountain Healthcare Demand Planner in Midvale, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for tactical and strategic Supply Chain planning functions to support a high volume Consolidated Service Center supporting Intermountain Healthcare customers with exceptional service levels, while maintaining a total cost of ownership (TCO) that is most beneficial to intermountain, it stakeholders, and its patients. This position is focused on leading out on S&OP type functions for assigned suppliers and/or associated product lines, including a monthly forecast review and continued collaboration with stakeholders to establish the best forecast to support product demand of caregivers. This crucial role in the Intermountain Supply Chain Organization has an expanded responsibility for Supply Planning functions such as inventory optimization and supplier collaboration to insure continuity of supply. This position coordinates efficiencies through enterprise-wide purchasing volume and collaboration with upstream and downstream strategic supply chain partners.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Leads strategic suppliers through Intermountain Supply Chain Organization (SCO) Demand Planning Process to include but not limited to: key stakeholder identification, logistics plan development, product requirements, opportunity initiation / optimization, demand planning / forecast analysis, internal TCO analysis, cross-supply chain TCO analysis, business knowledge and procurement expertise to develop tactical and strategic demand planning strategies, assisting in supplier selection, and operationalizing the selection. Successfully completes process deliverables for checkpoints and validation with stakeholders.
- 2. Co-leads and supports Intermountain SCO S&OP process as integral part of enterprise-wide collaborative and strategic demand planning initiative aimed at optimizing demand planning and inventory management best practices across extended Intermountain Healthcare supply chain, and strategic supply chain partners.
- 3. Reviews, validates, and executes to strategic demand plan and inventory optimization opportunities with strategic suppliers and business stakeholders. Conducts demand planning, focus forecasting, and replenishment optimization activities using industry leading automated forecasting and inventory optimization tools. Identifies cross-functional teams for new demand planning initiatives. Develops high level demand management guidance for project governance consideration to drive annual savings and meet stakeholder needs.
- 4. Captures all savings (direct and indirect) from demand planning and inventory optimization efforts assigned. Responsible to submit saving and justification of those to Supplier Development Manager. Works with Finance and Supplier Development Manager to validate and claim savings.
- 5. Conducts reviews of supplier product portfolio and logistical capabilities. Defines and provides direction to customers on stocked and non-stocked items and appropriate purchasing method.
- 6. Ensures the electronic and logistical infrastructure configuration and setup by appropriate personnel (Warehouse Management System, Systems and Information, Supply Chain Logistics, etc.)
- 7. Enters and configures product demand characteristics and parameters in automated inventory optimization and demand planning systems
- 8. Leads demand optimization supplier collaboration process. Defines demand planning initiative strategies. Transitions demand planning projects to stakeholders and business. Supplier strategy development (demand planning process).
- 9. Manages supplier communication, strategy and direction for the demand planning process. Coordinates with other team members to take a holistic approach with suppliers involved. Manages reference site and supplier site visits in the demand planning process.
- 10. Acts as a subject matter expert for assigned supplier portfolios. Provides product, system, and solution expertise for assigned categories of spend. Conducts oversight and evaluation of all governance checkpoints in the Demand Planning Methodology. Completes proper documentation of performance in regards to the Demand Planning Methodology.
- 11. Ensures that customer needs are met in a timely manner including communication with requestors and suppliers. Acts as a liaison between Department and non-SCO departments (such as WMS, IT, Auditing, etc.)
- 12. Works independently to accomplish position requirements and assists manager in setting strategic direction.
- Entry Rate: $29.40
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: full time, exempt
- Department: Supplier Logistics Planning
- Office location: Midvale, Utah
- Bachelor's degree. Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Five years of experience in a role requiring effective communication and customer service skills, interfacing with business and technical experts.
- Two years of experience in a position requiring strategic demand planning, supply chain optimization analysis, and supplier relations management.
- Experience in a role requiring attention to detail, sound decision making, sense of urgency / timeliness, and collaboration skills working with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Experience in a role requiring work in a fast-paced and changing environment while handling multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Experience in project management leading and managing teams through processes.
- Experience using automated forecasting, demand planning, replenishment, and inventory optimization tools.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Seeing, hearing / listening, speaking, sitting, manual dexterity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management. Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Degree will be verified
- MBA or Master's degree
- Seven years' experience in a position requiring strategic demand planning, supply chain optimization analysis and supplier relations management.
- Experience in a position requiring an understanding of end-to-end B2B supply chain operations in the healthcare industry.
- Experience in a position requiring strategic supplier collaboration.
- Experience working in a large volume supply chain organization.
- Experience in product demand, financial and data analysis.
- Experience leading complex projects, stakeholders and risks.
- Experience working in healthcare supply chain procurement.
- Knowledge of and experience in healthcare strategic demand planning.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Supply Chain Center
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time