Middlebury College Special Events Staff in Middlebury, Vermont
Brief Position Summary
Position Summary:Provides security, crowd control and parking direction and control for large College events, or perform other related assignments at Middlebury College or Bread Loaf campus events.
- Provide safe and efficient parking management for the entrance, parking and exit of vehicles.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and be able to manage high volumes of traffic flow.
- Must be able to handle minor parking complaints and direct larger complaints to an appropriate supervisor.
- Monitor attendance to ensure the event space does not exceed capacity.
- Monitor crowd situations to ensure laws and college rules and regulations are followed.
- Provide building or site security for indoor events such as concerts, lectures, parties or dances.
- Must be dependable, responsible and able to exercise good judgment when dealing with the public and College community members.
- Must be able to take direction from a supervisor, work cooperatively as a member of a team or work independently depending upon the assignment.
- Assists Museum Monitors with duties in the art gallery.
Education and Training High school diploma preferred. First Aid Training is desirable.
Experience Prior experience in security, parking control or the military is desirable.
Knowledge Knowledge of the Middlebury College campus and college rules desirable.
Other Must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid Vermont Driver’s License. Must be able to stand long hours and work outside in all types of weather. Most assignments are short term in nature, and there are no mandatory assignments. SES employees work on an on-call basis.
Classification Title: Events and Parking - Special Events Staff
Job Title: Special Events Staff
Location: Middlebury, VT Campus
Hiring Minimum: $12.07
If teaching, Course number and name: 0
What is the FTE for this position?: 0
Typical hours per two week pay period: 8
Regular or Temporary: Temporary
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background Check
Posting Number: SH00010
Position Category: Part Time Non-Benefits
Open Date: 10/03/2012
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please note that this posting is under continuous recruitment and is located in Middlebury, Vermont.
Quicklink for Posting: http://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/5731