The Provident Bank Banking Center Supervisor (Full-time) in Mendham, New Jersey
Mendham, New Jersey
Provident Bank, a multi-billion dollar New Jersey based bank with branches in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania, is seeking a talented Banking Center Supervisor for its Mendham, New Jersey Branch. Qualified candidate must possess excellent customer service and sales skills, as well as strong operational, coaching and leadership skills. With your commitment in the Banking Center Supervisor role, Provident Bank can help you develop in your career and climb the ladder of success!
Starting salary for this position will range from $38,500 to $52,000 based on qualifications and experience.
The Banking Center Supervisor provides exceptional customer sales and service while attending to customers' needs. The BCS creates and fosters a cohesive team and promotes a positive work environment while overseeing the Bank Associates who perform both routine financial transactions and/or customer service functions. May cover multiple branches within the region. Assists tellers with more complex tasks and schedules the work flow.
Demonstrates sound judgment and accountability with operational standards. Provides leadership, conflict resolution, process improvement and communication to the Bank Associates. Responsible for performing audit functions, participates in daily branch opening and closing procedures and required to perform operational tasks, coaching and performance management.
In the absence of, or assisting the Banking Center Manager, responsible for the overall branch management including but not limited to operations, sales management and productivity.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES -
The Banking Center Supervisor's duties and responsibilities listed below are categorized into 3 general areas - Sales, Service and Operations.
- Meet customer sales referrals and cross-selling goals; knows the features and benefits of all products and services to satisfy the needs of the customers
- Responsible for managing and growing a book-of-business
- Actively refers clients for commercial business to Market Manager
- Promotes bank products, refer or resolve customer inquiries concerning accounts or other banking services
- Helps maintain cost efficiency to achieve goals of the branch; assures quality of customer service and adherence to sales and brand standards
- Supplements general platform sales and service responsibilities as required
- Resolves customer inquiries/complaints and situations in a positive professional and efficient manner
- Establishes customer identity according to established guidelines and adheres to all other compliance procedures
- Daily/ weekly scheduling and coordination of workflow
- Assists with completing performance reviews of Bank Associates
- Assists with training, planning, assigning and disciplining employees in the Branch
May perform other duties as requested.
Supervise Bank Associates
- Good interpersonal skills, including listening, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid math and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and follow safety and security practices
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proven ability to build relationships through consultative conversations and to identify customer needs and translate those needs to sales opportunities
- Strong customer service/advocacy skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good PC skills; and the ability to quickly learn other computer programs, including Microsoft office
- Ability to evaluate others on their performance
- Ability to effectively coach, develop and manage staff performance
High school diploma or GED
2-5 years retail banking experience
Supervisory experience preferred
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATES
Licenses and Certifications Expiration Date
Work is mainly performed under general office conditions in a retail-banking establishment. Willing and able to work required overtime. Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches. Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to adapt to new job locations and reassignments as directed.
Those present in a retail-banking establishment. In the course of working with customers, the employee may encounter abusive, aggressive or unpredicted threatening behavior. Must observe safety and security practices at the Branch.
This job description may not be all-inclusive. Employees are expected to perform other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and LGBT.