Southern Plantation RN Delegate in Maryland
Ensures that Illinois Supportive Living Facility regulatory requirements for resident Assessment, RAI and Service Plan are met. This position reports to the Executive Director.
• Works closely with community Executive Director (ED) and Wellness Director to manage and coordinate work schedule to meet all RN related SLF regulatory requirements.
• Resident Interview: RN Delegate, at the direction of the ED or Wellness Director will participate as needed in the state required standardized interview geared toward the resident's service needs at or before the time of occupancy.
• Resident Initial Assessment: RN Delegate, at the direction of the ED or Wellness Director will complete an initial assessment and service plan within 24 hours after admission that identifies needs and potential immediate problems.
• Comprehensive Resident Assessment: RN Delegate at the direction of the ED or Wellness Director shall participate in the completion of the Comprehensive Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) within 14 days after admission, annually and upon a significant change in the resident's mental or physical status. Each RAI shall be completed by, or co-signed by, the RN Delegate as directed by the ED or Wellness Director.
• Resident Service Plan: RN Delegate within seven days after completion of the RAI, participate in the development of a written service plan, and shall co-sign the service plan, with input from the resident and his or her designated representative. This includes coordination and inclusion of services being delivered to a resident by an outside entity. The service plan shall include a description of expected outcomes, approaches, frequency and duration of services provided and whether the services will be provided by licensed or unlicensed staff. The service plan must be individualized to address the health and behavior needs of each resident. The service plan shall document any services recommended by the SLF that are refused by the resident. The service plan shall be reviewed and updated in conjunction with the quarterly evaluation or as dictated by changes in resident needs or preferences.
• Resident Quarterly Evaluation: RN Delegate at the direction of the ED or Wellness Director will participate in the quarterly evaluation of the health and behavior status of each resident using a Department designated form. RN Delegate will co-sign the quarterly evaluation.
• May at times be requested to perform other duties as needed, such as:- Coordinates, along with the Executive Director, and family/resident care conferences and serves as a direct liaison between residents, families, and staff. - Works with residents, families and other staff to ensure that residents are at appropriate levels of care. - Develops and/or monitors documentation systems to ensure that all regulatory timeframes for review of assessments and service plans are met and that resident needs are met.
• Assesses potential residents for assisted living level of care.
• Plans and schedules staff training programs and in-services for the Assisted Living staff.
• Ensures compliance with all state regulatory requirements including mandatory reporting to State.• Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.• Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Nursing Degree with two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
RN license, in accordance with state regulations.
Community NameMorningside House of Laurel