National Tire and Battery Warehouse Management in MARIETTA, Georgia
Directs warehouse activity for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
- Responsible for complete direction, supervision and management of warehouse operation including, sales, customer service, profit & loss, human resources management, inventory management and facility management.
- Confers with corporate management to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as sales, records control, and purchasing and distribution.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talk with customers.
- Compiles list of prospective customers from available sources.
- Determines delivery schedules and advises customers in methods of increasing sales volume.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse, equipment and company owned motor vehicles.
- Assures that property and equipment is properly maintained and that vehicles are operated in accordance with Federal and State DOT regulations and company policy. Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
- Directly supervises 5 to 50 employees in the Warehouse, Counter, Distribution and Transportation.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
_Education & Experience_
- Successful management experience including but not limited to: leadership and motivational ability, time management and organizational skills, training, coaching and counseling.
- Mathematical and analytical skills necessary to budget, forecast and evaluate Distribution Center performance.
- Proven successful development and implementation of material handling.
- Customer service orientation and a high level of professional integrity.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong telephone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
Education: A degree in Logistics, Business, or other related disciplines is required or equivalent experience in a high volume distribution or transportation environment.