Woodard & Curran, Inc Water or Wastewater Operator in Maple Shade, New Jersey
In Maple Shade, NJ, Woodard & Curran operates and manages their Water and Wastewater Utility, to include daily operations, service calls, capital upgrades, routine construction projects and regulatory compliance. Our staff of skilled professional manages a wide range of drinking water and wastewater environmental challenges; meeting NJ DEPs compliance standards, OSHA Health & Safety regulations while utilizing industry accepted maintenance practices in solving complex problems. Woodard & Curran was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with employment opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard & Curran draws on the experience of hundreds of certified operators across the country, backed by the knowledge and skills of hundreds of engineers, scientists, and regulatory experts, to quickly tackle the most challenging operational issues and keep treatment plants running efficiently and in full compliance. Woodard & Curran also promotes and aids employees in earning, upgrading, and keeping their certifications within the industry.
The successful candidate regularly participates in the daily operations and maintenance of Maple Shade, NJs Water and/or Wastewater Utility to include Treatment Plants and Collection and Distribution Systems as directed by Woodard & Currans management. The ideal candidate will work a scheduled day shift and be required to participate in an on-call rotation on weekends, holidays and outside normal shift hours for alarm call outs and possible shift coverage. This is a union position and you will be required to pay union dues whether or not you join the union.
- High School or trade school diploma is required.
- 2 years of experience in a Water and/or wastewater treatment facility operation and maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- New Jersey S2 or W3 license is preferred but will accept other applicable industry licensure with the ability and expectation to achieve preferred S2 or W3 a must.
- A valid New Jersey Class D motor vehicle operator's license with a tanker endorsement within 90 days of employment.
- Working knowledge of the principles, procedures, methods, equipment, materials, and tools employed in the operation' and maintenance of the Water and Wastewater Treatment, Collection and Distribution systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in water and wastewater treatment work.
- Knowledge of computer applications for water quality sample data and maintenance record keeping.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply instructions, drawings, and specifications for work assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, other personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
In cooperation with the assigned CBA, an employee shall be regarded as a probationary employee for the first ninety (90) days of continuous employment (with at least 500 hours worked) from the last date of hire. Probationary employees may be discharged and/or disciplined at will and shall have no recourse to challenge discipline or discharge under the grievance procedure.
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity