Northwell Health Director, Information Systems (Clinical Research IT) (FIMR) in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001FA8
Job Category Information Technology
As a Manager you will manage, plan, organize and evaluate the staff and activities in support of information systems for the Feinstein Institute. Manage analysis, implementation and maintenance of key performance indicators (KPI), to include; quantitative data analysis, research and evaluation of business processes and measures. Support information technology initiatives, projects, enhancements and integration design and architecture.
• Manages business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting / analytics and strategic planning initiatives.
• Partners with Health System leadership to ensure proper planning of data delivery and reporting requests.
• Develops and monitors business metrics:
• Analyzes and interprets data to assess impact on business objectives and strategies.
• Aligns organizational goals with industry standards.
• Prepares comparative analysis reports, to include trending and recommendations for senior leadership.
• Ensures implementation, and evaluation of operating policies, procedures and processes.
• Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports and oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
• Manages a diverse staff of professional and technical employees and ensures they are trained in appropriate processes and documentation standards.
• Supports and enhances IT service line systems and initiatives through identification of project objectives (discovery), design, conversion, testing and implementation of project plans.
• Develops needs assessments, disaster recovery and remediation plans.
• Supports the design of integration and interoperability across multiple projects to ensure common vocabularies and other data representations in systems will support integration requirements for standard data exchange.
• Determines requirements and participates in selection of vendors and tools for interoperability and integration engine.
• Leads development and maintenance of an integrated data warehouse including conceptual, logical and physical data models.
• Builds and maintains productive inter/intra departmental and vendor work relationships to optimize operations.
• Assists the Office of Research Compliance with application infrastructure and policies and procedures for data security and Electronic Research Administration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) years progressive experience in Information Systems including a minimum of five (5) years experience in architecture engineering and implementation of data warehouse or business intelligence solutions, required.
• Knowledge of health care operations, preferred.
Big pluses are;
StrongInformation Systems Infrastructure Experience.
Research Administration Applications Experience.
Solid understanding of research processes for Grants Management Office, ClinicalTrial Office, Research Compliance, and other core research administrationservices.
Goodunderstanding of Application Development Life Cycle.
• Strong project management, leadership and implementation skills, required.
• Excellent written and communication skills; and ability to make independent decisions and work proactively, required.
• Strong knowledge of business intelligence and related concepts.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at Northwell Health, each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northwell.edu
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.