University of Wisconsin Madison DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL INTERNAL CONTROL ADVISORY SERVICES in Madison, Wisconsin
DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL INTERNAL CONTROL ADVISORY SERVICES
Job no: 96115-LI
Work type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Dean, Director, Executive
Position Vacancy ID:
Director of Financial Internal Control Advisory Services
ASST DIR, BUS SERV/M(J96LM)
Anticipated Begin Date:
NOVEMBER 01, 2018
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and area of specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
1) Minimum five years relevant work experience.
2) Certification such as CPA or other professional designations such as CISA, CISSP, CFE, and CIA preferred.
3) Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, with special emphasis on the Integrated Framework of Internal Control published by COSO.
4) Knowledge & experience with common internal control risk assessment methodologies, audit procedures covering internal control over financial reporting, and internal/external auditing standards.
5) Business acumen in understanding how technology supports achievement of objectives in cost-effective outcomes.
6) Knowledge of enterprise, satellite, and extended information processing systems, with special emphasis on automated and preventive controls.
7) Technical skills in data extraction from multiple and un-integrated databases, analysis, statistical inference, sampling, and synthesizing information to draw conclusions.
8) Consulting experience with regulated industry clients.
9) Oral, written and presentation skills needed to communicate complex and technical issues to various audiences.
10) Prior experience in higher education is a plus.
License or Certificate:
CPA, CFE, CIA, CISA, CISSP preferred.
This position will serve in a key advisory role in relation to the design, implementation, and assessment of a comprehensive financial internal control framework and infrastructure for the UW-Madison campus. Assessments provide independent verification on effectiveness and efficiencies of processes, controls, security, and data in meeting objectives of the University. All five COSO internal control elements are included in assessment programs, and engagements employ current external assessment standards and protocols. Recommendations may address cost-effective options on risk mitigation; improved operating efficiencies; enhanced accountability and transparency, or; improved compliance with University, Federal, and State rules and regulations.
The position will be expected to identify and recommend solutions in a complex decentralized financial environment in order to maintain UW-Madison's position as a world-class research institution. Principle duties include developing and evaluating a variety of financial reports and statements; developing and evaluating financial policies procedures and financial internal control plans; identifying financial risks and providing recommendations to mitigate those risks; monitoring the effectiveness of campus financial systems; and making recommendations to strengthen internal controls. Duties also including communicating complex financial information to campus leaders, stakeholders and customers.
The position reports directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Business Services & Controller and will perform special studies and projects as assigned.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload your cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should address your work experience and skills as they pertain to this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Applications Open: Sep 21 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications Close: Oct 24 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time