Phoenix House Licensed Counselor in Long Island City, New York
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
• Handles a caseload, delivering all treatment components to assigned clients; develops and revises individual treatment plans, assesses client progress, provides individual and group counseling, assigns job functions
•Facilitates peer support groups, delivers workshops and seminars (developing new topics, as needed in consultation with the Program Director and Clinical Coordinator), provides and supervises recreational programming, etc
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Valid license; LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT
• Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or Family Therapy preferred
• CASAC preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years of related experience
• Familiarity with regulations governing Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Services preferred
Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm
Please submit your resume to DirRecruit@phoenixhouse.org with "Licensed Counselor - Long Island City" in the subject line plus indicating the schedule of interest.