Navy Exchange Services (NEX) FOOD SERVICE WORKER (FLEX) in LEMOORE, California
Title: FOOD SERVICE WORKER (FLEX) Location: United States-California-Lemoore Job Number: 180003OY
Performs various tasks involved in the preparation, serving food and maintaining cooking/serving equipment and areas in a clean and orderly condition. May be required to operate a cash register.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs one or more of the following duties:
- Prepares a variety of cold sandwiches and fruit and vegetable salads; slices meats, cheese and bread; prepares assorted beverages.
- Washes, cuts, scrapes, chops, dices, and peels raw fruits and vegetables for cooking.
- Performs various tasks in connection with the preparation of a limited variety of fast foods involving a grill, microwave oven and/or deep fryer.
- Places pizza shells in oven and removes after designated time period or visually determines readiness of pizza; cuts pizza pies into slices in accordance with prescribed portioning requirements.
- Removes pre-prepared frozen dough cookies from refrigerator and bakes them in accordance with specific instructions. Baste with egg and sprinkle with a variety of toppings following established guidelines.
- Sells cakes, cookies and other bakery products novelties; cuts large cakes into requested size and/or weights, as required.
- Sets up serving counters by sorting and stacking such items as dishes and glasses and arranging silverware; arranges salads, desserts, cold beverages, etc., stocks condiment stands, self-service milk and ice cream cabinets, and hot and cold drink dispensers.
- Removes soiled dishes from tables and carries to kitchen either by tray or hand cart; washes, and sterilizes flatware, glassware, dishes and cooking utensils by hand or machine, as required.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition, adhering to all sanitary rules and regulations. Keeps counter and other equipment and appliances clean and sanitary.
- Serves customers at counter; receives orders and serves food and beverages, in accordance with prescribed portions. May operate cash register; computes charges, collects and accounts for cash.
- Assists with the putting away of stock delivered in shipments from vendors, assists with re-stocking service refrigerators/freezers throughout the kitchen area.
- May assist in training associates.
- May requisition food items and receive merchandise, as required. Assists in inventory taking.
- May open and/or close the location.
- Adheres to Navy Exchange Customer Service standards by maintaining a neat, clean appearance and wearing appropriate uniform/name tag, as required. Exercises tact, good manners and courtesy when serving and assisting customers; suggests substitutes when items are not available; and informs customers of specials. Provides service in a prompt and friendly manner; ensuring that the food items are presented in an attractive and appetizing way. Furnishes each customer with a register receipt and thanks the customer for their patronage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned..
PHYSICAL EFFORTS: Frequently lifts or moves objects up to 45 pounds. Is required to stand constantly and walk in accomplishment of duties.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work in areas which are uncomfortably warm, damp, and noisy. Exposed to minor cuts, bruises, burns and scalds. There is danger of slipping on wet floors or where food or beverages have dropped. Qualifications: Six months experience performing various tasks involving the preparation and serving of food. Physical requirements: Frequently lifts or moves objects up to 45 pounds. Is required to stand constantly and walk in accomplishment of duties.