Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 402987 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: AMD-Applied Materials Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
You will be responsible for preparing thin films of lithium metal using methods of electrodeposition and electrochemistry, and incorporating these films into working cells and prototypes for energy storage. Data will be translated into performance metrics. All work will be further developed based on necessary modifications using process modeling, technical literature and interactions with other national laboratories, academia, industry, and stakeholders. You are expected to build upon these experiences in working towards independent program development within the general framework of the Energy Systems Division at Argonne.
We expect you to have:
- A Ph.D. in the physical sciences, such as Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 0-2 year(s) of experience
- Considerable knowledge of organic chemistry towards electrochemistry, electrodeposition, nanomaterial synthesis, fabrication, characterization, and safety.
- Considerable knowledge of ion transport in electrolyte-based systems.
- Considerable knowledge of atomic layer deposition.
- Considerable skills in oral and written communications and presentations.
- Considerable quantitative skills to analyze a large quantity of data to convey trends in results.
- Considerable communication skills and time management in a team environment.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.