General Electric Mechanical Design Engineer- Industrial Engineering in Leicester, United Kingdom
BHGE Measurement & Sensing (Druck Ltd), design and manufacture a range of sensors and instrumentation products that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. BHGE employs approximately 39,000 people worldwide. We have a Team of 600 employees on our site in North West Leicestershire.
We are recruiting an entry level Mechanical Design Engineer to design innovative pressure sensors in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas.
As an Engineer you will be expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent. You will work together with people from the business unit under guidance to assist in resolving and giving explanations on technical issues. As an entry level Engineer, we will provide you with all the development and guidance to become a confident decision maker, with the ability to solve deep technical issues.
• Mechanical design of pressure sensing components to be used in a wide range of industrial applications
• Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with our business procedures
• Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
• High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Reviewing design specifications and requirements capture
• Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
• Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
• Continually develop and advance internal operating procedures
Our pressure sensors and instrumentation products are market leaders across the globe. Whether you’re flying in the stratosphere, drilling on the sea bed, or somewhere in between, Druck has the sensor technology our customers trust.
Your ideas and expertise will enhance our business. All of our sensors and instrument products are developed in house, and you’ll be exposed to the whole development lifecycle, as well as getting the buzz of seeing your products manufactured and sold to our customers.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• Strong people and time management skills
• Experience with FEA simulation tools
• Experience of design and test. Ideally for high reliability, harsh environments including high vibration and high temperature
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
• Experience of pressure transducers and compensation techniques
• Knowledge of basic Electronic principles
• Experience within a similar, high variety, electro-mechanical environment
• Experience of working with the PED
• Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
• Knowledge and experience of SAP
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester