University of Kansas POOL: Student Research Assistant in Lawrence, Kansas
These positions will perform construction engineering research, literature review, and data collection pertaining to the identification and quantification of risk and opportunity for highway design and construction projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Availability to work at least 5 hours per week during the semester
- Completion of a course similar to CMGT 500 (Construction Engineering and Management) **During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Prior research experience
- Statistical, mathematical, or computational skills
- Completion of a course similar to CE 582 (Highway Engineering) or have experience in transportation project management
Contact Information to Applicants
Dr. Daniel Tran/ email@example.com or Cathy Johnson /firstname.lastname@example.org/785-864-2592
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of the online application, resume, and a cover letter outlining how qualifications are met.
Application review begins January 8, 2018 and positions are filled as needed.
M-F 5-15 hours/week during the academic year
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policiesprocedures/categorydetails/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Advertised Salary Range: 10.00
Application Review Begins: 06-Oct-2018
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence
Anticipated Start Date: 08-Oct-2018