Crescent Electric Supply Company Project Specialist in Las Vegas, Nevada
Project Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
Responsible for overseeing and managing projects beginning with initiating the submittal process, setting up the file, and ending when the job is closed.
- Set up each job file according to established standards. All documentation pertaining to the job is filed according to procedures.
- Ensure that active job files are kept current with all relative information pertaining to projects including customer purchase orders, sales orders, vendor purchase orders, cut sheets, vendor and customer correspondence, change orders, specification sheets, delivery schedules, manufacturer invoices, and acknowledgements.
- Follow assigned projects to ensure Crescent is successfully closing order.
- Complete job account information sheet. Have job account set up by Credit Department.
- Enter the order on the Crescent System on a hold-for-release basis and create appropriate vendor purchase orders.
- Responsible for the submittal process. Also responsible for review once accepted by contractor or engineer. Facilitate negotiations of exceptions or notations.
- Release project for shipment with vendors once written release from customer is received. Perform appropriate expediting functions to ensure material is shipped by vendor and received by customer in the agreed-upon time frame.
- Bill customer as invoices are received. (May not do this in all locations.)
- Build strong professional relationships with customers and vendors to provide the best customer service possible.
- Initiate proactive communication with customers through the duration of the job using order acknowledgements, project status reports, change orders, and/or billing status. Maintain declining balances for job recapping.
- Contact vendors/reps regarding errors and initiate a resolution through inventory adjustments, credits, or vendor claimbacks. Initiate all freight claims for damages or shortages.
- Respond to problems throughout the project as they are reported.
- Proper documentation of all correspondence between vendor, customer, and Crescent throughout the project is critical and must be thoroughly performed.
- Close the job when all functions are complete and payments are received.
- Collect and analyze quotations data to determine patterns of success or failure. Measure results and performance by product type, manufacturer, bid amounts, and customers.
- Compose and type routine correspondence between vendor and customers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training -OR- equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred
- Previous experience working with customers (preferably contractors/vendors) and experience working on mainframe systems and processing orders are helpful.
- Individual must possess organizational skills and strong communication skills.
- Product knowledge and application, and understanding of the distribution process required.
- Must be detail oriented.
Competitive Benefit Package:
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
Learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Company and what our employees have to say about working for this great organization.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability