Bunge Quality Assurance Manager in Kearny, New Jersey
Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery, human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for all related issues as they relate to the interface between corporate and the individual Plant QA managers. The role of Quality Assurance is to ensure that controls are in place to confirm customer requirements are agreed upon and subsequently manifested in the products information and services produced. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Manage policy and procedure creation
- Confirm that all sanitation procedures are in compliance
- Work with Plant QA and production personnel to ensure customer expectations and plant inspections are seamless events
- Review information from suppliers to assure proper product conformance, requirements and regulations
- Manage food security issues
- Coordinate and support the development and maintenance of prerequisite and Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) Programs for food and feed products
- Ensure that customer inquiries for technical information, application information or product concerns receive adequate responses in a timely fashion.
- Assist with corporate supplier/vendor management program as needed
- Coordinate collaborative testing and check samples
- Conduct regular assessment of QA systems
- Arrange for/conduct external and internal audits of the food safety and HACCP programs as required
- Ensure that customer inquiries for technical information, application information or product concerns receive adequate responses in a timely fashion
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or Chemistry required
- 5+ years of experience in a Laboratory or Research & Development (R&D) environment preferred
- Knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations and standards associated with food manufacturing
- Demonstrate ability to work safely and to promote safe work practices in others
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Employer's Job# 3DDC6404-F5E4-4
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.