Honeywell ISC Project Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
ISC Project Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This posting will fill Project Lead Manager roles in Manufacturing, Manufacturing Inspection, Receiving Inspection, Precision Measurement/X-Ray, and Calibration Services.
The ISC Project Lead Manager acts as a resource manager of a business unit, within the Integrated Supply Chain organization. Responsible for matrixed employees in order to create work flow efficiency and accountability. Responsible to execute ISC area ownership of a business unit and act as an authority in overall manufacturing, quality and production control. Works under minimal direction with considerable latitude for actions or decisions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervises employee(s) and performs other managerial responsibilities in a matrixed relationship including planning, assigning, and directing work of employees; interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; addressing feedback and resolving problems. Represents divisional management, as directed, in meetings or appropriate functions.
- Conducts and coordinates a broad range of ISC area ownership assignments requiring extensive knowledge of operations (Manufacturing/Product Acceptance) HSE, program management, material planning systems, facilities and lean principles and their application to specific ISC manufacturing areas.
- Estimates manpower requirements and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical requirements. Works with ISC leaders to develop productivity improvement strategies and workforce planning required to meet future workload demands.
- Facilitates effective cross business supply chain communications and/or project teams (Defense programs, Global Security, reimbursable). May act as a direct customer interface on assigned projects.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of corporate and plant metrics; analyzes, interprets and applies this knowledge to solve variety of manufacturing related business issues. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements within the division to assure cost-effective operations.
- Leverages contemporary supply chain, Honeywell Operating System, Lean, and continuous improvement processes to consistently realize the delivery of sustainable high performance outcomes.
- Facilitates traditional and non-traditional production and inspection activities; may include electronic/mechanical assembly, machining, tool fabrication, model building, production of engineering prototypes and fixtures and material disposition, or electronic/mechanical inspections, electrical testing, Material Review Board, and improvements to systems that support pedigree of accepted materials and data storage.
- May lead resolution of major operations issues (customer requirements, material shortages, facilities issues, technical problems) within set operation parameters, engaging ISC senior leaders as needed to escalate or revisit based on changing business requirements.
- Creates environment of high employee satisfaction and retention. Models the Honeywell Behaviors and commits to personal development in the leadership domain.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
Honeywell is a multi-site business. This position may sit in an office in Kansas City, MO or Overland Park, KS, and selected individuals may need to work in both offices as required.
25 Drive and execute new initiatives
30 Support Integrated Supply Chain sites
20 Process optimization and improvement
25 Build robust MOS towards execution
YOU MUST HAVE
- US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain DOE-Q level clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or supply chain management
- 7+ years’ experience in multiple areas of Supply Chain organization (to include program management, materials management, quality, and/or engineering)
- Previous experience in Honeywell Operating System, Lean or related function
- KCNSC Purchased Product experience (to include receiving inspection supervision, purchased material field quality, purchased product engineering, or purchased product quality engineering)
- Knowledge of production management, manufacturing operations, and/or quality inspection or test fields or related activities.
- Understanding of team building and group dynamics including conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate in a diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated reading, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills necessary to train, organize, and facilitate teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, including: MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of production planning methods, manufacturing and quality operations, including estimating and scheduling is preferred.
- Established and working knowledge of current quality assurance/quality inspection processes.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Experience with calibration and test methodology and disciplines.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req144506
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.