Brown Brothers Harriman Sr. Security Operations Analyst (SOC) in Jersey City, New Jersey
Cyber Security is the protection of BBH and client data that has been entrusted to BBH. The SR. CYBER SECURITY OPERATIONS ANALYST will play a significant role in our Security Operations Center team (SOC), reviewing and handling oversight to a number of security controls, and providing operational insight to complete management of the Cyber threats.
* Day to day operations of BBH s Cyber Intelligence Monitoring and Threat analysis.
* Provide log analysis, real-time intrusion analysis, incident response, and security monitoring using a wide-array of industry leading tools
* Respond and perform in-depth technical analysis and risk assessment of all security events and incidents.
* Provide related documentation in support of BBH regulatory guidelines (FFIEC, NYDFS, etc..) and auditing initiatives
Cyber Security Operations Center
* Maintain a working relationship with a 24x7 external cyber intelligence and threat monitoring service (MSSP).
* Respond and manage security events.Engage in security investigations and use tools to identify and report the outcomes of incidents to senior management.
* Participate in technical discussions around security events and activities with various non-technical and technical parties.
* Collaborate with security architects, development, network, server and web teams investigate security incidents and provide prevention solutions for cyber threats.
* Follow the firm s project management and SDLC disciplines to insure structured and effective implementation and operations
Vulnerability Management Program
* Responsibilities for the monthly testing of the firm s security vulnerabilities
* Track remediation of the identified security vulnerabilities.
* Collaborate with application and operation system teams to remediate any security vulnerability findings.
* Support 3rd party testing of the firm s cyber security posture.
* Recommend, and apply best practices for addressing ongoing threats
Security Operations and Response tools
* Help manage security tools that monitor the firm s security configuration, changes and baselines; such as SIEM.
* Respond to Endpoint protection and malware detection tools alerts.
* Makes suggestions on tuning IDS Platforms, Firewall Policies, and other security devices.
* 8 or more years of relevant work experience in two or more of the following areas:
* Network security management
* Web application security management
* Vulnerability & Patch management
* Designing and Operating enterprise security controls
* Malware analysis and remediation and Web Server Anomaly Analysis
* Security Incident Response management
* Security Operations management and maintaining IT general controls
* Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) or advanced degree highly desired.
* Expertise with security assessment methodology, vulnerability management, OWASP model, CVE ratings
* Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and equipment
* Comfortable with packet analysis and forensic tools
* Knowledge of a managed security service provider operating model.
* Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Firewalls, Sandboxing, and other security tools.
* Scripting with Bash, Batch, Perl, or Python beneficial.
* Strong understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
* Ability to read web and application server logs to determine potential breaches.
* Ability to read and action upon logs from endpoint security and malware detection tools
* Ability to set strategic goals via cyber security industry trends in areas surrounding threat intelligence,
* SIEM technologies and correlation.
* Familiarity in cyber security forensics is a plus
* Network security certifications a plus
* 24 x 7 On Call responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Employer's Job# 39492
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.