Brown Brothers Harriman Payment Processing Specialist- Funds Transfer in Jersey City, New Jersey
PAYMENT PROCESSING SPECIALIST- FUNDS TRANSFER
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
JOIN US AS A PAYMENT PROCESSING SPECIALIST
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Operations Specialist to join our Funds Transfer team. In this role you will be responsible for The Funds Transfer Payment Processing Specialist is responsible for the processing of manually initiated wire transfer instructions as well as repairing electronic instructions that do not straight through process. These wire transfer may be in USD or a foreign currency. The position entails understanding industry wide payment formatting conventions (SWIFT) as well as BBH s own processing systems and requirements. The specialist will need to be able to interpret instructions in order to differentiate between the various types of money movements (ex. payments from expects). Timeliness and accuracy are key traits needed to succeed in this position.
SOME OF YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Process Transactions
* The specialist will use Keystone to process instructions received via fax. Since all transactions require duality, they will either be the person entering the item or verifying the item in Keystone.
* The specialist will also need to continuously go into repair queues within Keystone to fix items which did not STP and enable them to be processed by the system. Similar to fax instructions, the specialist will either be the person repairing the item or verifying the item.
* The specialist will be required to interpret fax instructions as they are received in various formats in order to be able to process them in Keystone. Not only do clients use different fax templates, but the specialist will need to be able to identify between payments, book transfers, expects and amendments. They will need to be able to accurately pull information from the fax. These faxes range from straight forward with little interpretation needed to complex where a knowledge of other departments or industry practices may be needed.
* The specialist must be able to work in a team environment as all instructions require two people to complete the item. Communication within the group is key in order to get instructions processed before market deadlines.
* While the specialist may concentrate on either USD transactions or Non-USD transactions most of the time, they will need to be flexible as resources are moved around to accommodate volumes and ensure items are processed in timely manner.
* The specialist must process items accurately (i.e no errors) and within established timeframes to be successful.
2. Sanction Screening
* Witihin Microsoft, the specialist will need to review transactions and determine if the item should be referred to Compliance or if it is a false hit within regulatory requirements.
* The specialist needs to ensure that transactions are reviewed in a timely manner but without sacrificing quality or putting the firm at risk.
3. Problem Resolution
* When unclear instructions are received via fax or electronically within Keystone, the specialist should research the item and look to resolve the issues.
* The specialist should feel comfortable escalating items to their supervisor as appropriate in order to reduce risk and ensure the correct steps are taken to resolve the issue.
* From time to time, the specialist will receive emails or phone calls from other BBH departments. They need to communicate professionally and provide quality answers.
5. Process Improvement
* Specialists should question inefficient processes and make recommendations to their supervisor on how to improve the process.
6. Risk & Control
* All specialist must adhere to firm policies particularly those related to Funds Transfer and department procedures.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Demonstrated PC skills
* Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem
* Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Ability to multi-task
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
For nearly 200 years, Brown Brothers Harriman has provided expertise in Private Banking, Investment Management, and Investor Services. Located throughout 18 offices across the globe, we are committed to helping our clients navigate the increasingly complex global market by being their most valued, trusted and differentiated partner.
The loyalty we earn from our clients comes from two things: the quality of our people and the culture of our firm. That s why we invest so much time and energy in attracting and developing the very best talent globally. We hire bright, entrepreneurial individuals, educate them on our client s business, provide them the resources to succeed, and then give them the freedom to excel. This results in a diverse team of individuals who inspire each other to share their unique perspective while working together to discover the next great idea. Our deep respect for a healthy work-life balance drives our comprehensive total rewards package that helps our employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver.
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Employer's Job# 40656
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.