Cornell University Salesforce Administrator in Ithaca, New York
The ILR School at Cornell University is the leading college of the applied social sciences, focusing on work, employment, and labor policy issues of national and international significance. ILR is heavily invested in multiple data management systems such as Salesforce, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Filemaker. Although work will predominantly be with Salesforce, other platforms also play an important role in the team's and this position's portfolio of services.
What you will do:
If you are the type of person who is willing to work predominantly with Salesforce and also with other database platforms in a mostly Windows-based environment; and wants to play an important role in the team's and this position's portfolio of services then read on! As a Salesforce Administrator you will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise while working under the general supervision of the Director of Administrative Applications, while maintaining collaboration with staff and faculty. This position will support users in Ithaca, NYC and Buffalo. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Salesforce administration, declarative development and user support
- Responsible for regular administration of Salesforce orgs, managing user accounts and permissions
- Create and manage Salesforce Process Builders and flows, data validation rules and other automation.
- Utilizing appropriate development methodology, design and develop data models and solutions for both internal and public use
Administration, development and integration of technologies and platforms outside the Salesforce environment
- Develop data intake systems using both form building systems and product APIs (application programming interface) for multiple platforms
- Assist in managing the School's Office 365 SharePoint site collection, carry out site customization, create validation and field update workflows using SharePoint Designer
- Work with the team to manage SQL Server databases
Business Analysis and Strategic Input
- Work both independently and with the team to translate user stories into technical requirements and present proposed solutions to stakeholders
Professional Development and Representation
- Keep up to date on new features and functionality and provide recommendations for technical and process improvements
- Network with other college and university programming staff to coordinate efforts and maintain knowledge of central information management plans in these areas
What we need:
A dynamic Salesforce Administrator who will be part of the Administrative Applications team which handles development, implementation, and management of technology solutions related to extension registration, marketing, accounting, student services, faculty reporting, event management, and grant-funded projects. Specifically, we need a professional with the following required traits:
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis on information technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years proven experience in Salesforce administration, performing day-to-day administration and support and declarative development with custom objects, validation rules, process builders, flows, and other aspects of Salesforce business automation
- 1 years' experience with Salesforce programmatic (coded) development including Visualforce and Apex, and the SOQL query language
- Understanding of Salesforce development methodology, including using sandboxes and change sets
- Understanding of concepts of database organization and experience in managing relational databases and writing SQL queries in a professional environment
- Proven track record of communicating clearly to customers and peers at all levels of technical understanding
- Possess the ability to exercise good judgment and logic to work independently to anticipate and solve problems that may be urgent, sensitive or confidential in nature
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while staying organized and following proper procedures, in a dynamic, changing environment
- Desire to continually learn and incorporate new concepts and technologies into daily work
If you have all those traits, great! We have a few more traits we would prefer you to have, but it's ok if you don't:
- Experience in Information Technology in a higher-education environment
- Experience with working in a predominantly Windows environment
- Salesforce Administration certification
- At least 50 completed Salesforce Trailhead badges
- 2 years experience in developing technology solutions with Salesforce utilizing programmatic (coding) concepts such as Apex triggers and classes
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning Component development
- Understanding of Salesforce metadata and APIs
- Understanding of the REST and XML protocols
- Professional experience in any modern object-oriented programming language (for example: Powershell, #, Java or Python.)
- Advanced understanding of Excel as a data manipulation and analysis tool
- Experience customizing SharePoint sites and creating workflows using SharePoint Designer
- Experience distilling user requirements/stories into technical requirements
- Experience with change management and code repository tools as they relate to Salesforce
- Experience creating user documentation and comfort with addressing groups in a formal training environment.
Rewards & Benefits:
Cornell provides great benefits that include educational benefits, access to a plethora of wellness programs, employee discounts with local and national retail brands, health care options to choose from, generous paid leave provisions: 3 weeks of vacation leave, health and personal leave, 12 holidays (including end of year winter break through New Year's Day) and superior retirement contributions.
Cornell has also been nationally recognized as an award-winning workplace for our health, wellbeing, sustainability, and diversity initiatives. For more information click here.
This is a full-time, non-academic staff, benefits eligible opportunity located on the Ithaca ILR campus.
Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance is not available for this position.
University Job Title:
Prog Analyst III
Pay Rate Type:
Number of Openings:
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by "dragging and dropping" them into the dropbox or by using the "upload" icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Office of Workforce Policy and Labor Relations at voice (607) 255-6866, fax (607) 255-0298, or email at email@example.com .
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8: 30 a.m. - 4: 30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here . This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity