Semper Estimator/Buyer in Itasca, Illinois
Graphics company in Itasca has an immediate need for an Estimator to work on 1st shift. Pay for position will start between $60,000-$75,000 and position can be direct hire for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates. • Engineer the best production plan for a project. • Evaluate all methods available for producing a job and provides quotes based on the most economical method. • Plan jobs using a variety of substrates and printing methods • Revise estimates as needed due to specification changes. • Perform job cost analysis. • Develop knowledge of materials available and recommends cost saving opportunities. • Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work. • Consult with sales, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. • Must evaluate individual responsibilities and use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies. • Maintain estimating standard procedures including meeting turn times required for all estimates. • Assure quality standards are met before delivering a quote. • Utilize estimating software to provide quotes to Sales and Customer Service Representatives. • Consult with the appropriate department managers to determine production capabilities and optimal production process. • Advise and provide direction and support to employees trying to determine specifications on a project.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• College degree preferably in Print Management or related field
• 5 + years experience in production planning/customer service
• Strong math, computer and analytical skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft products, with emphasis on Excel
Primary Skill: Estimator/Buyer Posted: 10/12/2018 Location: Itasca,IL Salary Range: Type or Work: PT
Contact Person: Jose Martinez Office: Chicago Phone: 312-416-2580 Job Id: 63136