City of Hope Senior ERP Business Analyst in Irwindale, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for business process management which includes developing and maintaining a repository of organizational and tactical objectives, process documentation, department/unit metrics and key performance indicators. Routinely review and analyze business process, workflow procedures, and job functions to provide insight and suggestions for improvements. Participates in medium to large system related projects to develop business case during project initiation, identify business needs and develop functional requirements and prototypes for system design, develop testing validation requirements for system testing, and assist in change management strategies for adoption of new systems or system changes throughout the project life cycle.
- Maintain repository of organizational and tactical objectives, process documentation, department/unit metrics and key performance indicators.
- Participate as core team member of medium to large system related projects under the direction of a project manager.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, compile high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Project Feasibility Studies/Business Case Analysis; Business Process Documentation/Work Flow Diagrams; Functional Requirements/Business Requirements Documentation; Functional Specifications; Use Cases, mock-up of GUI Screen and Interface designs.
- Understand the solution options that are available, and help project stakeholders prioritize those options based on their merits, and eventually select the best option.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Distinguish a business problem's symptoms from its root cause, and help discover the true root cause.
- Identify all the systems, processes and users that are impacted by the business problem, and/or the solution.
- Ensure that the system/process users' interests are known and communicated to other project stakeholders.
- Application troubleshooting as a result of a reported helpdesk incident
- User Training on Development applications
- Configure application user interface according to functional specifications
- Develop low complexity reports using integrated application tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science or related discipline. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements. MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of business analysis or consulting experience with Non-Profit organizations.
- 3+ yrs of experience in Use Case diagramming, Business Process Mapping, Sequence and Activity diagramming required.
- Project lead responsibilities for at least two (2) large multi-user system implementations.
- Comply with IIBA (International Institute of Business Analysts) standards. CBAP (Certified Business Analyst Professional) from IIBA preferred.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.