AT&T Technical Specialist, Oracle Apps DBA in Hyderabad, India
Looking for a highly motivated Application DBA to support production and non-production EBiz environments. This role requires to work on exciting and challenging projects as well as on-call rotation in different shifts.
Responsible for the implementing, improving, supporting and participating in the processes, strategies and tools for the assigned business or functional area. Provide input and expertise for key technical functions by utilizing knowledge of the business, industry and technology, especially in the Oracle EBiz/EBS Application Suites including Fusion Applications, Database, middleware, and technology infrastructure in support of finance, supply chain and management reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Looking for a highly motivated Application DBA to support production and non-production EBiz environments. This role requires to work on exciting and challenging projects as well as on-call rotation in different shifts. Candidate must effectively communicate between end users and technical teams and be able to triage issues. This role also requires a highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, technical and analytical expertise as well as an aptitude for business requirements documentation and designing system process flow.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Technical and Functional Competencies:
• More than 7 years’ experience in administering Oracle Applications R12 (12.1 and 12.2) and databases (11g and 12c) Experience in Oracle application and database patching, cloning and upgrades
• Install, configure and administer E-Business environments.
• Experience in Oracle Applications maintenance, patching, Upgrade, Migration.
• Experience in Oracle RDBMS 11g, and 12c maintenance, patching, upgrade, migration tasks.
• Solid Experience with Oracle Dataguard.
• Experience in Oracle RAC, ASM, RMAN, Data Guard technologies.
• Hands on experience with Applications concurrent processing, Parallel concurrent processing (PCP), Oracle Application Server, Oracle forms configuration, diagnostics, and troubleshooting.
• Hands on experience with Oracle applications workflow configuration, diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• Strong knowledge and experience in disaster recovery failover/failback procedure Monitoring and troubleshooting Database and EBS application performance issues
• Experience working in Oracle EBS DMZ setup
• Extensive experience in working on Shared Application Tier (SAT), JDK, and JRE configuration, JDK/JRE Upgrade
• Hands on experience with applying quarterly PSU's and CPU's to databases and applications.
• Hands on experience on Single Sign on (SSO) for Oracle EBS R12 using Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, 12c, OAM and OID environments.
• Extensive experience on multinode application tiers and RAC environment (mostly on unix based environments)
• Experience with Oracle Fusion Applications and Oracle Fusion Middleware
• Good Shell Scripting Skills
• Support Oracle Enterprise Manager and production/development maintenance.
• Hands on experience with Oracle Demantra, and Oracle Transportation Management
• Knowledge on MySQL, MariaDB, Casandra is a plus
• Experience with WebLogic, jboss, and Tomcat.
• Experience and knowledge with Oracle OEM and Exadata.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Should be a good Team Player and Good work ethics to work in a big DBA Group
• Very good communication skills
• Able to attend production sev1 calls without any support or minimal support from onsite team and guide team member on need basis.
• Able to communicate complex ideas; persuade and negotiate with others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
• Able to deliver results focused on operational excellence and best practices.
• Able to work independently and lead problem determination efforts requiring assistance from cross functional teams for the most complex situations.
• Research and bring to manager operational best practices for monitoring and maintaining server health.
Education and Qualifications:
B.E/B.S or equivalent educational qualification preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree with relevant technical skills/expertise
Master of Science (M.E/M.S) is preferred
Required to work in shifts and support on-call rotation and shifts