General Electric Services Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and external customers. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
• Plan software development details by brainstorming with Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Leverage third-party, open-source components to accelerate product development ensuring “proper-use” of respective components
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the
latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
2-5 years experience developing full-stack software and analytics applications
Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, Angular (Version 2 or later)
Hands-on experience in REST based web services
Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration, Boot and Data)
Hands-on experience in utilizing Node JS
Experience developing product offerings (80+% standard product per customer deployment)
Experience with Couchbase or another NoSQL Database is a big plus
Knowledge of GE Proficy Historian/Plant Application and Predix is a very big plus
Knowledge of Manufacturing domain.
• Be a problem-solver first and then a software engineer (not a programmer or coder)
• Self-manage and be a catalyst for the team
• Leverage any existing/third-party apps (approved) so you can focus on product magic sauce
• Avoid silos and try to play broad role
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: India; Hyderabad