Sun & Ski Cashier in Houston, Texas
About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 30+ stores across 10+ states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com . Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Our Sun & Ski store is seeking a driven Part Time Cashier. We are looking for candidates that have the passion and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere! Here you'll help cultivate an environment that is exciting, interactive and fun for both customers and employees! These are an amazing opportunities for dynamic individuals.
- Create a great first impression of our store to all customers by greeting them with enthusiasm and a genuine smile as they enter our store.
- Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Know the location of all merchandise in the store so that you can promptly and correctly direct them to the area of the store with the items they are seeking
- Remain familiar with the merchandise carried in the store in order to answer basic customer questions.
- Know each store employees areas of expertise to assist customers.
- Be prepared to assist on the sales floor and other areas of the store, as business needs dictate
- Ensure that you are aware of current advertised items and specials
- Perform all cash register/point-of-sale functions accurately and efficiently, such as: sales, returns, exchanges, credit card sales, lay-a-ways, special orders, transfer in/out, etc.
- Process all forms of payment according to policy.
- Open and close the cash register daily without need for supervision
- Maintain an organized, clean and well stocked Front Desk/Cash Wrap area
- Answer the telephone in a polite and enthusiastic manner; then direct the call to the appropriate department or employee.
- Be readily able to give clear and concise directions to the store to calling customers.
- Notify Management of any suspicious people or situations
- Loss Prevention maintain accurate cash control and minimize inventory losses
- Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Preferred: Outdoor Enthusiast
- Preferred: Cashier experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong basic math skills, with attention to detail and ability to multi task
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.