Elderwood Certified Nursing Assistant in Hornell, New York
Requisition ID 2018-5191
# of Openings 3
Posted Date 2018-10-11
Area of Interest Nursing
Position Type Per Diem
Shift days, evenings or nights
Elderwood at Hornell is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our team of dedicated caregivers.
Elderwood at Hornell is a Long Term Care (LTC) and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population. We offer specialty programs that include Adult Medical Day, Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care. Seasons Memory Care is a specialized program for residents living with Alzheimer's, Dementia and other memory loss conditions.
Why Elderwood? We're a Strong, Growing Company:
- * Scope: Elderwood has more than 30 locations offering skilled nursing, assisted living, and independent living communities throughout New York State, Rhode Island & Pennsylvania.
- * Clinically Complex Nursing: Elderwood locations offer comprehensive rehabilitation, memory care and specialty subacute programs including cardiac rehabilitation, respiratory care and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- * Continued Growth: New facility acquisitions in New York State and beyond are already on the horizon for 2019.
- * Benefits: Elderwood offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays
- * Tuition Assistance Programs: We enthusiastically support staff members with the drive and desire to advance their health care career. Through scholarship and tuition assistance programs, Elderwood helps staff members pay for higher education and gives them the opportunity to advance in their career.
- * Robust Referral Bonus: Come on board with us, refer a friend or colleague and be eligible to earn additional money!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Position Overview:
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) provide personal and nursing care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents in our skilled nursing facility. They are under the direction of a licensed nurse. State specific certification is required.
Shift: Per Diem (days, evenings, or nights)
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Responsibilities:
- * Direct and monitor the personal care duties carried out by Nursing Assistants of an assigned team.
- * Report to Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, daily needs and progress of residents.
- * Notify Charge Nurse of changes in residents' conditions or needs
- * Follow the Profile of Care for each resident and monitor the performance of the Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
- * Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- * Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care and individual needs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Qualifications:
- * Eighteen (18) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- * Registration in the State Nurse Aide Registry is required. Active on the State Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
- * Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
- * Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel
- * Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- * Caring and respectful attitude towards residents
- * Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- * Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Apply to this Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) opportunity today! To speak with us in about this position in greater details, call us at 607-324-6990 and ask for our Human Resource Coordinator. Always feel free to visit us at 1 Bethesda Drive, Hornell, NY 14843.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.