Steadfast Management Company Seasonal Renovations Technician - Ridge Crossings in Hoover, Alabama
Job Summary: Construction Maintenance Technicians, under the supervision of the Superintendent or Project Manager, are responsible for daily on-site supervision of construction trades and/or labor for rehabilitation projects.
Important Relationships: The**Construction Maintenance Technician works to establish and maintain positive, productive relationships with industry professionals, suppliers, vendors, outside contractors servicing the community, residents, and site employees, ensuring consistent application of Community Policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the Steadfast Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude at all times; observing the policies and procedures of Steadfast Companies when conducting business with residents and all related parties.
- Be familiar and remain up-to-date with all OSHA and related agency guidelines to ensure 100% compliance with all regulations.
- Quality control and quality assurance of construction specifications and installations.
- Assist with special projects and administrative tasks as directed by the Project Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry.
- Experience with HVAC preferred.
Skills : Consistently demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
- Exceptional scheduling and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong decision-maker with the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Expansive knowledge of equipment, supplies and materials used in the maintenance field.
- Personal appearance compatible with image of community, positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, and assertive.
- Good communication skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Must be able to read, understand and comply with all MSDA Sheets on all chemicals used at the property.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 90 pounds.
- Must have the ability to safely operate various machinery including but not limited to electric saws, key cutting equipment and golf carts.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs and ladders as necessary.
- Must have the ability to squat, bend and reach above shoulders.
- Must be flexible to work after-hours in emergency situations.
- Must maintain a valid Local State Drivers License at all times.
- Must maintain a working vehicle and current automobile insurance at all times.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and ability to interact with a variety of people and personality types.
- Ability to solve problems involving residents, finances, equipment failure, and emergency situations while remaining calm, rational, and professional.
- Ability and willingness to substitute for any position when needed; from Maintenance Supervisor to janitor.
- Goal oriented.
- Driven to further professional growth and education in the industry.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be physically and mentally able to perform all of the duties listed under Duties and Responsibilities, all of which are deemed "essential functions of the job." Employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The position requires **mobility within the office, including movement from floor to floor. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a scanner and copy machine. Must be able to deal with the stress associated with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as deemed necessary.
Business Unit: Steadfast Management
Title: Seasonal Renovations Technician - Ridge Crossings
Location: AL - Hoover - Ridge Crossings - PCL
Metro Area: Birmingham
Postal Code: 35244
Functional Area: On-Site
Requisition Number: 358851
First Open Date: 06/05/2016