Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Motor Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Motor Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic
Full Time / Part-Time
Hill Air Force Base
Motor Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic (DLA-18-1683-F):
Bowhead seeks a Motor Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic to repair, rebuild, or overhaul major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors. Work involves most of the following: Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent
of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems. In general,
the work of the Motor Vehicle Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
Essential functions include:
• Performs routine and preventive motor vehicle maintenance as required.
• Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
• Reads manufacturers schematics, follows troubleshooting trees, researches parts, Identifies parts required, and fills out purchase order requests in a timely manner
• Adheres to all company and OSHA mandated safety policies and procedures to include proper use of personal protective equipment. Follows established EPA laws and local regulations involving chemical use and disposal as well as identification reporting guidelines.
• Repairs and upgrades lift-trucks by listening to operator’s descriptions of malfunctions, conducts tests, identifies problems and solutions
• Use computers to perform duties related to the job such as researching parts, completing timesheets, completing training modules, and communicating through e-mail and other basic computer tasks as required
• High School Diploma or equivalent PLUS a minimum of Five (5) years direct related experience or a combination of education and experience
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Must be motivated to perform other duties as assigned
• Must have experience with conveyor lines, scooters, MHE, and similar material handling systems. Repairs and upgrades lift-trucks. Conducts tests, and identifies problems and solutions. Maintains lift-truck serviceability.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold or be able to obtain successfully obtain a security clearance at the public trust level (NACI).
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=19715
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41