Minerva Engineering, LLC Software Engineer Skill Level 2 in Hanover, Maryland
Pioneering. Prestigious Team. Mission? Yes! it is really intriguing, challenging and gives you the playing field to contribute to a respected customer.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports.
The Software Engineer (SWE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
* C++ Programming language and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) experience. Prefer with Software Defined Radio (SDR) *
Qualifications: Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Clearance Requirement- TS/SCI with a polygraph
Minerva Engineering has a reputation for providing high-quality engineering services to a broad range of government agencies. Our customer-centric approach ensures that we exceed our customer's expectations for performance, schedule maintenance and cost risk management. It's our employees that make the difference. We have fully funded and immediate positions on our prime contracts!
Location: Hanover, MD
Job #: 9715613
Date Posted: 08-03-2017