SMG Operations Staff in Fresno, California
Under general supervision, will perform work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, often requiring heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Must be the age of 18 or older and out of High School.
- Assist with set-up/conversions and event preparations.
- Perform various duties to ensure the operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks and transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area.
- Perform repairs and maintenance as directed.
- Maintain, clean and inventory all tools and equipment.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Set up and change over arena configuration as needed for event needs.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move around the building.
Subject to adverse weather and working conditions, including fumes, noise and other hazardous situations. Position requires walking, climbing, kneeling, and heavy lifting.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow direction including all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event-set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning; maintaining the facility; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or GED, and one year experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
To visit our Career Site at:
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled