WestCare CASE MANAGER (Housing Services) in Fresno, California
Person in this position will provide individuals and their families with case management to ensure they transition to independence. This will include arrangement, coordination, monitoring, and delivery of services related to meeting the housing needs of the clients and helping them obtain housing stability. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversight of day-to day operations of the program
- Builds and maintains relationships with property owners/managers to secure units for leasing
- Meet with each client at least once weekly to provide support and assistance towards achieving each Individualized Service Plan
- Intake and assessment of incoming participants to determine eligibility and appropriate services;
- Make referrals and appointments with appropriate agency, services and/or case managers;
- Maintain client files according to company policy and contract requirements;
- Heavy documentation; HMIS data entry
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports as requested;
- Assist and monitor data collection and statistical reporting and complete Quality Improvement reports as requested;
- Maintain relationships with referring and supporting agencies and represent the agency at various community meetings as requested;
- Coordination of various services throughout several agencies;
- Attend scheduled meetings and presentations with referral agencies; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills;
- One (1) year supervision experience, preferred;
- Two (2) years case management or counseling services;
- Demonstrated ability to work with the underserved populations;
- Ability to conduct outreach, including street outreach
- Good computer skills;
- Good documentation skills;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCare’s vehicle insurance is required;
- Be able to multi-task and make independent decisions; and
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an Annual Tuberculosis test.
- Graduation with a two-year degree in Psychology, Social Work, Community and Human Services or a related field is preferred; and
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting;
- Some travel is required; and
- Some outdoor activities may be required.
- Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds;
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching are performed in the normal course of the position; and
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks;
Job Location: Fresno - 1900 N Gateway - Fresno, CA
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $17.00 - $17.00