Mott MacDonald Senior Environmental Scientist in Freehold, New Jersey
Our Environmental team in Freehold NJ is currently hiring for a Senior Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineer to join our team. In this position you will manage a small environmental team on site remediation projects in the local NJ area working directly with clients to manage projects and staff.
* Outlines more difficult problems and methods of approach for other scientists and engineers.
* Supervises or coordinates several varied assignments simultaneously.
* Maintains liaison with individuals outside the firm.
* Identifies prospective clients and takes an active or lead role in the proposal process.
* Presents contract to prospective client for signature.
* Maintains good relationship with client after project is finished to assure securing future work the client may have.
* Reviews and analyzes a variety of scientific data to determine requirements to meet environmental objectives.
* Develops environmental projects by exploring subject area, defining scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of concepts and approaches.
* Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more-diverse project.
* Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of environmental principals and practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields.
* Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data.
* Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, environmental impact studies, and project designs.
* Responsible for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to their field.
* Originates and applies new and unique methods and procedures.
* Supplies technical advice and counsel to other professionals, and represents the company in outside discussions/technical forums.
* Must be able to outline more difficult problems and methods of approach for other scientists and engineers.
* Plans, conducts and directs environmental consulting projects of major significance which are highly difficult and complex in nature, necessitating expert application of advanced knowledge in the field of environmental.
* Utilizes experienced judgment to research and analyze data.
* Familiar with the applicable laws, regulations, various programs, and procedures that govern firm projects.
* Compiles and monitors information sources concerning governmental regulation.
* Provides and compiles project specific environmental impact information.
* Uses advanced techniques and the extension of theories, precepts and practices of specialized field, related sciences and disciplines.
* Candidates should possess a B.S. degree in in Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering (or equivalent)
* 15-20 years of experience in environmental consulting experience related to site investigations or remediation at ISRA, RCRA, UST or CERCLA sites involving solid waste, soil and groundwater.
* Experience managing environmental projects and a team of environmental staff required
* LSRP, PE, PG or similar professional license required
* Candidates must have experience overseeing soil and groundwater sampling, and various drilling techniques,
* Candidates should be familiar with federal, state and county regulatory regulations.
* Possession of current 40 hr OSHA Health & Safety training is required.
* Candidates must pass a physical examination and drug screen as a condition of employment for this position.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Employer's Job# 34737BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.