1st Source Bank Ag Business Banker, Fort Wayne Region - Fort Wayne, IN in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Responsible for the management of a portfolio of medium sized farm, farm business and complex accounts. Typically manages a portfolio from $7-$15MM.
- Analyzes and approves credits within prescribed limits; recommends action on credits in excess of loan limits.
- Documents bank/customer relationships and commitments.
- Retains and strengthens current relationships and seek to develop new business.
- Reviews periodically the bank’s exposure and relative account profitability.
- Performs financial reviews on a timely basis.
- Complies with bank’s loan policies and procedures and legal requirements.
- Able to identify client needs (i.e., SBU products and services; such as cash management, etc.) and requests documents.
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time for outside-the-Bank calling in rural areas and for agribusiness/agrifinance training sessions
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Completes all compliance training related to the position.
- Understands all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- One (1) to three (3) years retail banking or business banking sales experience preferred.Bachelor’ Degree in Agricultural business, economics, Ag production or Ag Finance is preferred.
- Previous farm background or agribusiness experience preferred
- Prior sales and proactive calling skills preferred.
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with internal service partners and customers in order to gain their trust and respect.
- Willingness to join/participate in 4-H, Ag Extension and rural civic organizations is essential.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Travel Requirements Ability to travel to off-site locations for meetings, projects, seminars, etc., as well as ability to travel overnight.