Astronics SMT Operator Level 1 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Job Title: SMT Operator Level I
*Reports To: *Production Supervisor
*FLSA Status: *Non-Exempt
*Location: *Ft. Lauderdale
Summary: Performs work related to the operating, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of SMT equipment systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Programming, setup, and operation of surface mount pick and place machines
- Programming, setup, and operation of automatic and/or semi-automatic stencil printers
- Programming, setup, and operation of mass reflow ovens
- Perform manual component placement and inspection
- Perform routine preventative machine maintenance
- Perform parts inventory including counting parts, setup and operation of SMT reel to reel parts counter and comparing totals to applicable bills of materials
- Reads blueprints, parts lists and/or other documentation to determine parts needed and assembly sequence
- Solders together components to assemble fabricated metal items and/or Thru Hole/SMT printed circuit board assemblies as specified by work orders, diagrams, and PWA layouts
- Performs basic setup and operation of basic production soldering equipment or machines
- Perform material transfer transactions utilizing company ERP system.
- Perform SMT repair and inspection.
- Follows verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform advanced computer skills (preferred)
- Works within company guidelines including but not limited to what is outlined in the Employee Handbook, Core Values, Safety Manual, OSHA Safety rules, Insider Trading, Conduct and Ethics and Anti-discrimination policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certification in any of the following:
* ESD Control*
- Blue Print Reading
- IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
- J-STD-001 Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
- Manufacturing Operator Self Inspection Process
- MIRTEC Automated Optical Inspection Operation/Programming
- SMT Pick and Place Certification (Universal preferred)
- SMT Stencil Printer Certification (MPM DEK Printer preferred)
- SMT Reflow Oven Certification (Electrovert preferred)
High school diploma or (GED) required; two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to be efficient and exceed production expectations consistently
Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as work instructions, blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the environment is moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Lean Practices/Maintenance of Work Area:
Each employee has the responsibility to keep his or her immediate work area safe, clean and tidy. Filing should be up-to-date. There should be a place for everything and everything should be kept in its place.
Must have the proper documentation to work in the USA. No Phone Calls Please An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer - MFVH
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Title: SMT Operator Level 1
Position: SMT Operator Level 1
Location: Astronics DME
Req Number: MAN-17-00001