Avago Technologies Metrology Equipment Engineer in Fort Collins, Colorado
As an Equipment Engineer with Broadcom Limited and as part of the Wireless Semiconductor Division (WSD), you will own and support equipment used to develop advanced processes in Broadcom’s state of the art wafer fabrication facility located along the Front Range Mountains in Northern Colorado. You will team with Technology Development and Process Engineering to achieve this objective. The team will be challenged by new materials, applications and device architectures. You will be responsible for establishing robust equipment and processes through rigorous characterization and statistical validation before ramping them into high volume manufacturing. Fabrication technologies will include silicon based MEMS and compound semiconductor active devices. Primary focus will be on Metrology equipment including Rudolph Film Measurement equipment (MPG, Metapulse), KLA profilometry, Surfscans, 21xx, Defect review and detection equipment, Hitachi Scanning Electron Microscopes, Nanometrics film thickness measurement equipment, and wafer sorters and inspection microscopes.
- Stabilize and improve equipment availability, performance, and reliability.
- Provide technical leadership in identifying, evaluating, improving and maintaining equipment.
- Implement robust monitoring methodologies enabling early detection of excursions in equipment performance before product is impacted.
- Develop and implement preventative, predictive and high precision maintenance procedures. Implementation includes documenting procedures, as well as training and certifying personnel.
- Own improvement of equipment related metrics such as scrap, availability, process control & equipment maintenance costs.
- Works with peers and the unit process engineering/maintenance teams to establish project objectives, schedules, and resource profiles for projects. Organizes and manages longer term improvement projects to meet organizational goals.
- Collaborate with Process Engineering, Equipment Maintenance and Manufacturing Operations to achieve robust performance in support of yield, quality and productivity goals.
BS in EE, ME, ChemE, Materials Science, or Optics, and a minimum of 2 years of experience as an engineer supporting Metrology equipment in a MEMS/semiconductor high volume manufacturing environment.
Strong computer skills including knowledge and understanding of networking, Windows (3.1-current), DOS, and UNIX and OS2.
- Detail oriented with strong fundamentals in core equipment engineering functions.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills for equipment/process interactions.
- Practical experience applying structured problem solving methods.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with SPC, DOE, and statistical hypothesis testing.
- Mature data analysis skills using tools such as JMP, Minitab, Spotfire and Excel/Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative to address and appropriately escalate problems to achieve rapid resolution.
- Candidates with practical experience with equipment control systems, High Precision Maintenance (HPM), TPS, and Lean will be considered preferentially.
- Basic understanding of MEMS and active device micro-fabrication techniques is highly desirable.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent work visa.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to male, female, veterans status or on the basis of disability.
Job: R&D; Fab Process Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Job Posting: Jun 6, 2016, 3:21:06 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 151348