National Multiple Sclerosis Society Coordinator, Intake & Assessment (Part-time) in FLEXIBLE LOCATION, United States
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
The National MS Society is seeking a high-energy, goal-driven, experienced fundraiser to join our Services team as a Coordinator, Intake & Assessment.
This position is often an entry point to the Society and must direct callers to the correct person, team or department. The position is also responsible for processing program registrations and responding to basic information and referral requests from callers. Additional responsibilities include support for special projects and reports.
Manage incoming call triage and program registration functions
- Process registrations of Society-sponsored programs from people affected by MS in a contact center environment. Conduct accurate searches in the database and Society's event software to enter new constituents and ensure up to date information is documented for current constituents. Address questions related to program offerings from external constituencies and MS Navigators.
- Triage incoming calls routing through the Society's nationwide telephony network and connect to appropriate staff member, volunteer, department or local office.
- Answer basic requests for information about MS and referrals that do not require connection with an MS Navigator.
- Report feedback from constituents to supervisors on problems with website registration processes.
Provide administrative and project support functions in daily operations of MS Navigator and other Services work
- Provide support to triage of incoming email correspondence from the general mailbox: Identify, prioritize and direct specific email requests to appropriate MS Navigator group and other Society staff within designated time frames. Send appropriate responses to requests generated by the Society website. Maintain monthly totals of incoming requests for reporting purposes
- Provide technical support in the development of MS Navigator tools, resources and reports.
- Work with volunteers in the distribution, collection and reporting of MS Navigator survey outcomes.
- Provide project support in creating MicroSoft Office documents and surveys upon request.
- Assist volunteers in literature and packet inventory and daily mail posting.
Other duties as assigned by MS Navigator Operations leadership
- Associates Degree
- Position requires an Associate's degree or two years of college coursework.
- Prefer experience in a high volume call center or other back office processing environment.
- Minimum of two years customer service experience in the health and human services field or other service environment.
- Experience with special populations, and/or non-profit experience desirable. Must possess proficient computer skills.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- Must be competent in database tools and software and possess intermediate level skills in Excel, Word and/or Power Point.
- Must possess excellent communication and active listening skills.
- This job requires the ability to accurately process a high volume of contacts while maintaining a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Flexible Work Arrangement Options; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled