United Blood Services Registered Nurse in Fairfield, California
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic Apheresis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening, phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production goals.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis charts.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as required.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Associate’s degree required.
- CA RN and driver's license required.
- CPR certification required.
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related position required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Primary Location: United States of America-California-Fairfield
Work Locations: 5006 CA Fairfield (237) Blood Centers of the Pacific 1325 Gateway Blvd Fairfield, 94533
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Posting Close Date: Ongoing
Job Function: Donor Services
Req ID: 181390
Employee Status: Full-time, Regular