Mattel Retail Store Clerk-Cashier in East Aurora, New York
Retail Cashier -Store Clerk Seasonal
* Provide customer service support to the Toy store, including answering phones and answering consumer questions.
* Cash out customers and assist with customer returns.
* Straighten aisles and re-stock shelves when it is quiet at the register.
* Assist other sales clerks with issues as needed.
* Provide exceptional customer service in all aspects of the position.
* Assist with verifying, counting, sorting and storage of incoming inventory.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
* Working knowledge of cash registers and ability to give accurate change.
* Excellent verbal communication skills that demonstrate sound knowledge of grammar.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Strong numerical aptitude and analytical skills.
* Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time, use a step stool or safety ladder (stairway style with railing and 5 steps total) and lift up to 40 pounds unassisted and over 40 pounds with assistance
* Must be available to take physical inventory of the store on January 2nd
* Flexible schedule required and will include working on Saturdays and occasionally on Sundays
Experience, Education & Skills
* High school education or equivalent
* 1-2 years cashier and retail experience
* Exemplary attendance and job performance
In 1931, Herman Fisher and Irving Price embarked on a journey to change the toy industry. Their goal: creating playthings that inspire a child s development. More than 85 years later, Fisher-Price remains deeply rooted in the belief that play is the way children learn best. To this day, understanding the importance of play in building a child s skills is the fundamental principle, as the company strives to enrich the lives of families with young children around the globe. United by the passion for a child s safe care and development at each age and stage, the people of Fisher-Price work tirelessly to bring families the best toys and baby products in the world. Some of the company s best-known brands include Laugh & Learn , Little People , Power Wheels , and Imaginext , and it s also a leading developer of character-based toys for children s programming such as Thomas & Friends , Blaze and the Monster Machines and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Fisher-Price is a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT). For more information, visit www.fisher-price.com or connect with Fisher-Price on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Employer's Job# 181894
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.