John Deere Dubuque Production: Welder in Dubuque, Iowa
Performs CNC/robotic welding operations in a team environment.
Types of Machines, Tools and Equipment Used or Operated:
Varies by specific duties. Includes but is not limited to: CNC/robotic welding equipment, manual arc welder, grinder, safety equipment, measuring and testing equipment, hoists, material handling equipment, gages, various hand tools.
Work is not closely supervised. Employees must maintain a safe work environment. Details are dependent on duties assigned but in general consist of the following:
- Performs all work required to complete sub-assemblies and/or assemblies using various CNC/robotic welding processes.
- Welds parts and sub-assemblies to specifications and/or prints.
- Changes or replaces wire, nozzles, contact tubes.
- Adjusts voltage, heat, pressure and speed to maintain quality.
- Performs own setups and/or works from part prints and/or job specifications.
- Checks results for conformance to print and/or specifications and makes necessary corrections.
- Records data and/or keeps records for quality, maintenance and/or preventive maintenance, SPC, etc.
- Lubricates, checks and/or cleans equipment and tooling.
- Performs some preventive maintenance and adjustments to equipment.
- Instructs and assists other team members.
- Moves and positions loads.
Cleans work area and performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job. Minimum Qualifications: must meet one of the following
AAS Degree: Welding
- Certificate: Welding
- Previous work experience: at least 6 months experience welding in a manufacturing environment John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.