Hilton Store/ Receiving Officer in Da Nang City, Vietnam
A Store/ Receiving Officer will manage the goods and deliveries moving in and out of the hotel and will ensure that these deliveries reach the appropriate destinations and logged according to the company's purchasing and procurement standards. A Store/ Receiving Officer is concerned with the ordering, receipt and storage and delivery and inventory control of hotel goods and equipment, specifically those which relate to the stores department i.e food and beverage and general stores.
At Hilton, our promise is “to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected”, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
As aStore/ Receiving Officer, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the correct point of contact/ storage area;
- Keep accurate recordings of all incoming and outgoing goods;
- Identify slow moving items to avoid over purchasing;
- Place orders through online procurement system;
- Maintain exclusive control over central stores of the hotel with respect to issue releases, control over deliveries and hotel stock counts;
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items;
- Assist and support Team Members, Managers and the wider Food and Beverage Department in a team environment;
- Offer excellent customer service to customers and Guests Qualifications – Internal;
- Responsible for proper documentation and distribution of records of all merchandise entering the hotel, such as purchase orders, market, grocery, beverage and tobacco list, etc;
- Oversee the proper distribution of all merchandise received to either the storerooms or in the case of direct order, to the department concerned;
- Responsible for outgoing merchandises, such as beverage containers, being properly documented and accounted for as to quantity;
- Responsible for proper completion of all receiving reports;
- Supervise and train all receiving personnel in their required duties such as examining merchandises and proper record keeping;
- Any discrepancies of cost against the purchases records or quotations have to be highlighted to the Cost Controller followed by a request for credit note;
- All partial deliveries are to be noted in the purchase records pending, complete or order;
- To ensure all handling of food items are in accordance with the Hotel’s Food Safety Policy;
- Ensures that receiving procedures are correctly followed;
- Ensures that goods are correct according to the order;
- Ensures that goods are acceptable quality and condition;
- Ensures that goods are the correct weight;
- Ensures that only goods ordered and signed are received;
- Compare the suppliers invoice with copy of purchase order, etc. and check the quantity billed to see if it is agreement with quantity ordered, unit price charge, terms of purchases and trade discounts;
- To measure weight or count all incoming products to ensure that the proper quantity product of product is delivered and subsequently charged for;
- Have a good understanding of the Hotel’s emergency procedures, Hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation and ensure implementation of those related to your department
- Have knowledge of the department procedures and standards; ensure the implementation all department procedures and standards
- Have knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities
- Handle equipment, tools, keys and supplies in proper way, kept in good working condition and regularly inspected, following instructions as directed.
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair;
- Report hazard issues;
- Carry out lost and found procedures;
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness and orderliness of all working areas;
- Be environmentally aware;
- Handle guest inquiries, requests and resolves guest complaints using MIR (Make It Right);
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service delivery at all times by providing personal assistance to the guests with a professional, pleasant and positive manner at all times;
- Be proactive and observant in service to identify guest needs before being asked;
- Practice Hilton grooming standards including uniform dress code, cleanliness and personal hygiene;
- Maintain good relationship with your colleagues, supervisors and other department;
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships;
- Attend training and meetings when required;
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management.
What are we looking for?
A Store/ Receiving Officer serving Hilton Brand hotels are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to communicate in basic English;
- Committed to delivering high levels of Guest service;
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Ability to work with ownership as well within a team;
- Flexible and reliable;
- Excellent attention to details;
- A passion for being on a winning team;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexibility to work late shifts;
- Methodical and well organized;
- Excellent grooming standards.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous store management experience with stock control responsibility;
- Relevant degree, in Management/Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution;
- Hotel experience; Experience in a similar position;
- Fluency in English.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Retail and Gift Shop
Title: Store/ Receiving Officer
Requisition ID: HOT058JM