Hilton Barista in Da Nang City, Vietnam
A Barista is a Junior Bartender who is responsible for providing F&B services to guests in a friendly, timely and efficient manner. Driving to achieve an exceptional guest experience while respectfully following Hilton standards.
At Hilton, our promise is “to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected”, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us..
What will I be doing?
As a Barista you are responsible for performing F&B service. You are required to deliver F&B products, deliver an overall F&B experience to our guests not only thorough the service, but also by completing mise en place before/after shifts. You will also need to possess extensive knowledge of our menus as well promotional offerings.
CORE COMPETENCIES / ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in beverage preparation and service delivery in a consistent and timely manner. Ensure complete knowledge of making, serving, storing, as well as key information on beverage items in the beverage menus and in general follow established Hilton recipe books including departmental Operations Manuals.
- Be proactive and observant in service to identify guest needs before being asked.
- Practice Hilton grooming standards including uniform dress code, cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Ensure that the bar area is kept clean and organized both front and back area and following up opening/closing checklists when needed.
- Requisite, picks up, verify and restock all requisitions for beverage products. Including fruits and ingredients used for the bar areas following HACCP and established par stocks as well following FIFO (first in first out) rule.
- Responsible for bar inventory of the outlets during shifts. When required report immediately to supervisor in case of any discrepancies.
- Drive sales by knowing departmental/hotel promotions. Applies upselling techniques and being proactive in menu recommendation without compromising guest satisfaction.
- Handle guest inquiries requests and resolves guest complaints.
- Handle operating equipment following instructions and handling procedures or SOPs
- Take part in monthly inventory of OSE and beverage stocks.
- Make breakage and spoilage reports honestly and as per procedures.
- Handle item posting and guest billing with precise attention following accounting procedures and policies.
- Be part of effective communicating network within the team, between outlets and with other departments. Ensure the best understanding of daily operations and foresee operational needs by attending meetings/briefings, taking a note of all important information and forward to proper reporting lines in time.
- Attend promptly all trainings required by the department and hotel.
- Be environmentally aware in daily operation.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislations.
Additional responsibilities as below:
- Support other F&B operations outside of assigned outlet when required.
- Attend required trainings and conferences assigned by management.
- Undertake any reasonable additional tasks as assigned by the Food and Beverage Operations Manager to ensure the overall success of F&B department.
What are we looking for?
A Barista serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other team members. To successfully fill this role you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Previous working experience at respective hospitality brand.
- Excellent personal grooming and professional appearance.
- Good communication skills and upselling skills in English.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work in different shifts.
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Commitment to deliver exceptional levels of guest service.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree in relevant field.
- Previous experience bar experience, especially making different types of coffee.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Requisition ID: HOT04RI8