LSC Communications Forklift Operator 2 - 3rd shift in Cranbury, New Jersey
Forklift Operator 2 - 3rd shift (180002OU)
The LSC Communications Distribution Center is looking to hire a full time benefits eligible Hoist Operator 2 for its Cranbury, NJ location on the 2nd shift (11:30 pm to 8 am).
Drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. May move materials and equipment using an overhead rail crane or operate a rail car mover such as a Track mobile. May load and unload semi-trailer trucks. Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies. May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device. Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank. Responsible for inventory control, tracking and reporting inventory control and utilizing a materials management system. May organize and assign storage space utilized in warehousing and moving materials in the departments
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greater knowledge and skill than Hoist Operator 1 in the handling of controls for driving fork lift/or clamp trucks.
- Must be skilled in handling controls for starting, stopping, backing and driving fork lift trucks through narrow aisles in building up and down ramps, and in and out of railroad cars, trucks, etc.; and for lifting, lowering, and tilting forks by moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate controls.
- Must know how high, wide, and long the fork lift truck and its load are and how much the fork lift truck can lift.
- Good special ability to identify how high and wide a doorway and an aisle must be to drive the fork lift truck and its load; how high and wide the shelf, bin etc,; must be to place the load; and how high the load must be lifted to reach the shelf or bin.
- Must be able to recognize whether the fork lift truck is able to lift the load and whether the load is properly balanced.
- Knowledge of the layout of the storage area to be able to find and place items without need for detailed instructions.
- Skilled in moving fork lift trucks about in places where there is very little room to stack or remove loads.
LSC Communications is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.