Charter Communications/Spectrum Sr. Instructional Designer in College Point, New York
The Sr. Instructional Designer is responsible for the design, development, evaluation and maintenance of Spectrum's Sales and Marketing training programs. In this role you will use various methodologies including e-Learn, video, reference guides and instructor led training.
You will partner with business units, project managers, and Subject Matter Experts to conduct needs analysis and training solutions. And, you will work in conjunction with Learning & Development Leaders to recommend and develop training programs in support of organizational objectives. You will facilitate Training Certifications for all functional areas and partner to provide performance support for Inbound Sales & Retention partners.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience through the development and delivery of training solutions for all Sales Channels.
* Design, develop and evaluate the effectiveness of training targeted to Spectrum Business, Spectrum Stores, Retail Partners, Direct Sales, Spectrum Community Solutions, Community Sales Specialists, and Outbound Telemarketing (OTM) groups.
* Serve as creative and planning resource to internal customers
* Follow comprehensive instructional design process from needs analysis through implementation and post launch evaluation
* Participate in the design and integration of Sales & Marketing classes into a comprehensive curriculum for each business unit
* Create and implement evaluation plans to demonstrate business impact of all training initiatives
* Design, coordinate logistics, and facilitate Train the Trainer certifications
* Perform comprehensive needs analysis to assess a client s learning situation, expectations, resources, constraints, learning needs, learning gaps, and tasks in relation to the organization s mission and goals.
* Conduct training needs assessment, analyze and research the technology and infrastructure available to meet client needs.
* Present training options, delivery methods and techniques.
* Develop clear objectives for the training.
* Maintain current knowledge of latest industry tools and processes to ensure training is innovative, engaging, and on the cutting edge of training technology
* Contribute to improve team processes and standards
* Promote collaboration and partnership and develop solid working relationships with subject matter experts and all participants in a design project.
* Evaluate existing training materials and identify needs for future materials. Conduct reviews of new training materials
* Plan and manage instructional design projects
* Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Demonstrated experience owning course development from beginning to end
* Demonstrated experience with instructional design methodologies
* Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning methodologies
* Ability to work independently and be self directed
* Demonstrated project management and project leadership skills
* Experience creating a project plan
* Ability to use personal computer and software applications specific to instructional design (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, authoring software, etc.)
* Ability to manage multiple projects to meet target dates for implementation
* Ability to quickly and effectively shift gears to meet changing business requirements
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to work effectively on virtual teams and accommodate time zone differences
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
* Ability to lead others to complete projects
* BA/BS in Instructional Design, Human Resource Development or related field experience required,
* Specialized training in instructional design methodologies required
Related Work Experience
* Instructional design experience - 4 years; with a minimum 3 years' experience with E-learning programs: Storyline 360, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Presenter, or Lectora
* Project management and project leadership experience - 4 years
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
* Skills in multimedia curriculum development
* Skills in graphic design, video editing and animation
* Knowledge of a variety of training delivery systems; classroom, online, web based etc.
* Skills in measurement and evaluation of training initiatives
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
* Experience with platform delivery and presentations
* Knowledge of cable television products and services a plus
* Demonstrated effective team player
* Facilitate partnering at a high level on all initiatives
* Office environment
* Exposure to moderate noise levels
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Employer's Job# 228225BR-1
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.