BTD Maintenance Set Up Mechanic in Clearwater, Minnesota
- Obey all safety policies and procedures, always work in a safe manner and report unsafe conditions or hazards.
- Remove install new tools in machine.
- Stage and inspect formers/tools for the job to ensure they are ready for use or repair.
- Test run tools and materials making adjustments to produce to standards.
- Ensure correct materials are being used per the order.
- Respond to mechanical issues and assist the Machine Operator to resolve issues to get line running again.
- Continually strive to improve set-up times and processes.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance/repairs of machines and work area
- Support maintenance activities.
- Attend and participate in safety, tool box and other meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor/manager. **
- Knowledge of plastic types, thermoforming and tool design
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform math at an intermediate level.
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license and operate it safely.
- Ability to proficiently use hand tools and basic power tools.
- Ability to utilize measurement tools and read basic blue prints.
- Visual acuity to discern and make quality decisions.
- Ability to learn pneumatics, hydraulics and basic electronics.
- Ability to respond to issues with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to identify and apply continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
* WORK ENVIRONMENT*:
- May be exposed to temperature extremes and the smell of burnt plastics and dust.
- Requires the use of safety glasses and hearing protection due to loud noises.
1 year:Mechanical experience
Posted: November 18, 2017