Precon Marine, Inc Construction Estimator in Chesapeake, Virginia
Responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex maritime bridge, pier, dredging and underwater projects as required by client’s documents, provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates job folders.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes or directs take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into HCSS database.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis of material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
- Makes note of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Maintains a document library
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem-Solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology five to eight years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be proficient with estimating software such as HCSS Heavy Bid. Also proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Primavera.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Type: Full Time