SSM Health RN - Critical Care in Centralia, Illinois
The Registered Nurse in the Critical Care Unit assesses, plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients while ensuring that quality care is provided in a safe and efficient manner.
- Obtains and records initial admission assessment and establishes priorities according to patient's age, symptoms, and psychosocial needs. Reassesses patients systematically to identify progress and condition changes that require intervention.
- Utilizes critical thinking to analyze patient assessment data. Completes an individualized Care Pathway for each assigned patient.
- Implements individualized nursing interventions for each patient assigned. Communicates effectively with attending/consulting physicians and other members of the health care team as needed to ensure high quality patient care.
- Evaluates nursing care and modifies interventions based on the patient's response.
- Documentation is completed according to policy and procedure and adheres to nursing standards.
- Consistently and accurately reviews and implements physicians orders.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of critical care procedures and medications. Demonstrates ability to assist physicians with critical care procedures.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs and keeps them informed of tests and treatments.
- Regularly rounds on all assigned patients according to departmental guidelines.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider)
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.
Req ID: 18010589
Primary Location: Illinois-Centralia-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia (0801) 400 N. Pleasant Ave. Centralia, 62801
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 62801
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Nights
Normal work hours: Nursing
Job: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia (0801) 400 N. Pleasant Ave. Centralia, 62801