Shive-Hattery Group Inc. Land Surveyor in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Do you have a land surveying job and want to make it your career?
We have a full-time permanent position performing land surveying duties including but not limited to: boundary, topographic, ALTA/ASCM land title, construction staking, route and bridge, aerial control, and lot surveys by performing field and office duties. This is a professional path position that provides you the opportunity to earn a Professional Surveying License and elevate your career.
This position is available at our Cedar Rapids Office. Shive-Hattery fosters a team-oriented atmosphere, and emphasizes unparalleled client service. You will have the opportunity for involvement in a wide variety of surveying, civil engineering, and building projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a party chief
- Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field notes, filing and retrieving prints
- Ability to operate survey equipment including but not limited to robotic total stations, GPS survey equipment, data collectors and level
- Willingness to work outdoors and in adverse weather condition with overtime as needed
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of survey equipment used on job site and assist others with training when practical
- Basic survey calculations including but not limited to percent of slope, angle measuring, bearing and azimuth, coordinates, traverses, differential leveling and horizontal curves
- Supervise survey assistant(s) assigned to crew
- Strong communication and collaborations skills
- Work in a team environment and also be willing to work independently
- Communicate with the client and project team to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget and expectations of project
- Conduct research to obtain the appropriate public/private land records, survey control data, and other pertinent information from various sources for boundaries, location, topographical and design surveys, location of right of way and utility locations
- Establish and set points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, etc.)
- Conduct proper research to aid in collection of field data
- Follow prescribed safety practices for Land Surveying
- Responsible for job specific quality
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing
- Physically able to perform all tasks including the ability of lifting up to 50 lbs. Submit daily files including downloading of data, preparation and organization of field sketches and digital photographs
- Familiarity with Civil 3D software is a plus
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Title: Land Surveyor
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Posting #: 1239